Our client currently has an opportunity within their Commercial Services division. Be a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders, working within a strong customer-focused environment This role will be responsible for working on a varied range of matters including significant and high-profile litigation and investigations. We have a number of contract opportunities available.
The purpose of this role is to provide specialised advice in respect of NAB’s management of litigation, potential litigation, significant disputes and regulatory investigations.
These roles sit in the Dispute Resolution & Regulatory Investigations (DR&RI) team, which plays a crucial role in the group’s management of its legal, regulatory and reputational risks through:
- managing actual or potential litigation;
- advising on significant regulatory investigation and inquiries;
- managing the organisations response to the Financial Services Royal Commission;
- partnering with the business, Corporate Affairs and other key stakeholders to manage significant reputational issues.
You will provide superior legal services to partners and stakeholders to enable completion of lending deals within the business’ risk appetite, with a focus on positive customer experience, including:
- advising on and assisting with disputes and litigation matters
- drafting advice to key stakeholders
- settling response letters to customers
- liaising with PI insurer
- conducting detailed file investigations
- working closely with the Advice Disputes Resolutions team
- proactively identifying legal risks to the business
- providing advice in relation to investigations and customer remediation
- reporting to internal audit and meeting with finance to provision for claims
- where necessary communicating with Corp/Reg/Gov’t affairs
- assisting in the preparation of responses to ASIC notices and subpoenas
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will embrace the opportunity to work in a team environment and will also have at least 3-5yrs PQE or 5-8 years PQE with expertise in regulatory investigations and dispute resolution. With the opportunity to work across varied groups, you will exercise your exceptional relationship management skills. Your practical approach teamed with autonomy and commercial acumen will set you in good stead to succeed in this role.
To be considered, candidate must be admitted to practice in Australia.
Use the APPLY NOW button and include a cover letter and CV to email@example.com quoting ref#284-6957, Dispute Resolution