Based in the Melbourne CBD, our client is a dynamic and growing specialist funds management organisation. This is a highly engaging in-house role working directly with the Group’s Chief Legal Counsel & Company Secretary to provide legal services across the whole of the business.
Ideally, candidates will have 5-7 years PQE from within a reputable firm or in-house environment. Financial services experience would be ideal, but general commercial or financial services litigation and insolvency backgrounds will also be considered.
Key responsibilities include:
- assisting with the management of complex mortgage enforcement litigation matters
- investigating and managing complex customer complaints
- providing practical and accurate legal advice to the business
- reviewing and preparing transactional documents
- legal support for funding transactions
- reviewing and advising on marketing, advertising and disclosure documents;
- assisting Chief Legal Counsel with corporate governance & company secretary functions.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work confidently with people at all levels within the business
- a strong commercial outlook and “team player” attitude
- strong written and oral communication skills
- the ability to work autonomously and show initiative.
If you are currently in Private Practice and interested in making the move to an in-house legal team, this could be the ideal opportunity for you. Litigation backgrounds will be considered.
Alternatively, if you are looking to join a dynamic and growing business, this organisation can provide numerous career development opportunities for the right candidate.
For a confidential discussion, please call our office on 03 9039 9991 or email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com quoting Legal Counsel, Financial Services.