Our client is listed in the ASX200. This is a newly created role reporting to the General Counsel and Company Secretary. As Legal Counsel you will be responsible for the provision of commercial legal advice and support the business with project and merger & acquisition activities.
The role is a broad one covering all aspects of corporate and commercial law including m&a, contracts, franchising agreements, procurement, managing intellectual property assets and assisting with ASX announcements and Share Registry services and compliance. You will be engaged on M&A projects that will directly affect the broader long term organisational strategy – from start to finish.
The role will see a down to earth, hands on commercial lawyer with strong people skills who loves getting involved in business. You will be a bright, energetic person who is a results oriented problem solver who can build truly engaging stakeholder relationships.
The Ideal Candidate
- 4-8 years post qualification experience, including relevant commercial law and/or M&A experience at a quality law firm;
- A hands on, experienced commercial lawyer with sound drafting, negotiation and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and planning skills;
- Negotiation and drafting of complex agreements and documentation;
- Strong business acumen and strategic agility;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How To Apply
This an exciting role with an employer who focuses on your career journey and getting the best out of their employees. If this sounds appealing, click APPLY NOW today to submit your application. For a confidential discussion, please call our office on 03 9039 9991.