Our client is a blue-chip organisation listed in the ASX50. They currently have an opportunity for a bright young corporate/commercial lawyer around the 4-6years PQE mark to join their legal team on a fulltime, 12-month contract.
As Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for supporting the business across a wide range matters such as advising on a variety of commercial and corporate legal matters, drafting documentation, identifying legal exposures and risks and managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. This role is critical to the legal team’s operations.
What will you bring?
- You will be a commercial/corporate lawyer with a strategic focus and outstanding business acumen
- You will have demonstrated high level commercial and negotiation skills and be recognised for your integrity and ability to build trust across various stakeholders
- Your strength will be in identifying risks and developing mitigation and control plans; supporting continuous improvement; ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures and implementing strategies and plans
- You will have the ability to think strategically whilst maintaining an eye for detail
- You will display excellent negotiation and dispute resolution skills, outstanding communication skills and the ability to deal appropriately with a wide range of stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications in law are essential, ideally, at least 4 years PQE, with admission to practice in Australia required
- Experience within a listed business with a background in FMCG or real estate would be highly beneficial.
What will success look like?
- You deal with uncertainty and ambiguity, supporting decisions and implementing change effectively
- You champion continuous improvement, identifying risks and develop mitigation and control plans
- You recommend and implement improvements to help the business seize opportunities
- You champion diversity with all stakeholders embedding it in everything you do
- You understand the needs of the broader Vicinity communities and incorporate this into your thinking
- You promote a cohesive culture where every team member has a voice
- You translate vision and embed into your team, fostering openness and transparency
- You reinforce desired behaviours consistent with values working as one team
- You proactively consult, engage and listen to all cross-functional team members to ensure all information is considered and sound decisions are made
This is a 12-month fixed-term, full-time position. You will be working remotely whilst current restrictions and regulations are in place, though otherwise based out of the National Head Office, in South East Melbourne.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and highly regarded legal team. You will have the ability to make your mark quickly and add value to the role from the outset. To discuss the role in greater detail, please call our Melbourne office on 03 9039 9991 or send your CV to email@example.com