Our client is a household name in energy exploration, distribution and retailing. They currently have an opportunity for a senior Corporate Counsel to join their team in Melbourne working in their retail operation.
This is a permanent role reporting to and working closely with, the Head of Retail – Legal. This role primarily provides legal advice and support to the retail business units within the groups companies. In particular, the role will:
- Facilitate the delivery of customer focused retail energy and regulatory activities through the provision of timely, pragmatic and accurate legal advice across the Group
- Provide legal advice and support to minimise the likelihood of disputes, and to resolve any disputes that do arise with minimum adverse impact to the Group
- Proactively support the business through the minimisation of legal & compliance risk in relation to the Group’s retail energy activities
This is a senior role whereby you will be expected to develop and maintain high level, open and collaborative relationships across allocated business units; developing an understanding of their strategies and objectives, and proactively identifying and delivering on opportunities to add value.
As a senior lawyer, you will also be expected to identify and assist in opportunities to teach and educate other personnel to develop work practices that minimise potential legal and regulatory risk and implement the Group’s policies and culture.
Ideally candidates will have a minimum of 6 years PQE with experience in a retail, consumer or highly regulated environment. Previous experience in an in-house corporate role would be preferred as is experience in dealing with regulatory bodies. To succeed in this role, candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Strong plain English drafting style
- Consumer Law experience
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and quality judgement
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Proactive and positive attitude, and a commercially focused approach
- Ability to handle high work load and prioritise
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
In addition to the above, experience in the retail energy industry or a consumer facing environment with innovative related products or in a retail services business more broadly would be highly desirable.
Click on the APPLY NOW button to register your interest in this opportunity. For a confidential discussion, please contact our Melbourne office on 03 9039 9990 or email your query to email@example.com, quoting ref#288-2650, Corporate Lawyer – Energy.