About the Opportunity
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Counsel to join one of Australia’s leading private wealth businesses with a well-established name. The role is responsible for providing legal services and expertise specific to the business products, activities and regulatory environment. The role also contributes to the business’ commercial success by managing risk and providing quality, timely, proactive and relevant legal services.
Reporting to the Head of Legal, Risk & Compliance this role is responsible for managing a small team as well as developing and managing a range of key stakeholder relationships such as internal legal counsel, external counsel and product and operations management.
- Providing quality legal expertise and advice in relation to advice, products and related services.
- Expertise and experience in chapter and of the Corporations Act
- Simplifying, client facing documentation and collateral as part of improving the client experience
- Providing commercially sound legal expertise in the managing of legal queries, legislative and regulatory requirements
- Proactively advising the business of the commercial impact on changes in Australian law & regulations
- Identifying and assist in transforming legal issues or potential legal matters into manageable commercial and client outcomes
- Proactively manage risk; meet all policy and Compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to process and procedures pertinent to roll and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified
- Circa 12 years PQE and admitted to practice in Australia
- Extensive experience in financial services or a related discipline in Australia
- Detailed working knowledge of financial services law including chapter 7 of the corporations law
- Detailed knowledge of financial services law – particularly pertaining to the wealth industry
- Strong commercial acumen and exposure to Australian regulatory environment, particularly ASIC
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the area of wealth and an understanding of the client needs within this sector
For you chance to be considered, click on the APPLY NOW button to upload your CV and a covering letter. For a confidential discussion, please call our Melbourne office on 03 9039 9990.