Our client is a leading global provider of investment services. Based in Melbourne, they currently have a 13-month contract role for an experienced IT/Procurement Lawyer to join their team.
The role is responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of procurement contracts including IT contracts, data licences, professional services and consulting agreements and other types of commercial agreements.
- 8-10 years PQE (ideally with a minimum of 4 years’ private practice experience and in-house experience);
- demonstrable experience in IT and/or procurement contract work;
- an ability to work autonomously whilst building close relationships with the business;
- strong verbal and written communication;
- good stakeholder management, influencing and negotiation skills;
- the ability to focus on overall strategy and outcomes;
- the ability to make pragmatic decisions and understand the commercial impacts;
- a proactive approach to identifying efficiencies and process improvements.
Our client is seeking a skilled senior legal counsel who is proactive in identifying issues and progressing tasks whilst maintaining a strong sense of team and can work in an autonomous manner to support the broader legal team. This would suit someone with a can-do attitude and who is confident and capable of reporting back to a range of stakeholders across the business.
Please call Jacinta Fish on 03 9039 9992 for a confidential discussion or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must be admitted to practice in Australia.