This newly created role will be responsible for:
- advising on and assisting with wealth advice, product and regulatory matters
- drafting advice to key stakeholders
- liaising with the business in relation to impacts
- conducting investigations to determine appropriateness of advice
- proactively identifying legal risks to the business
- providing advice in relation to investigations and customer remediation activities across the business unit
- communicating with Corporate, Regulatory and Government affairs
- assisting in the preparation of responses to ASIC notices
Candidates must have previous demonstrable experience in:
- providing advice to financial institutions in relation to legal, regulatory and reputation risk
- providing advice in relation to wealth products and on banking and financial services regulation law
Candidates will ideally have a background in superannuation, financial advice, insurance and/or managed funds with previous experience in private and/or corporate legal practice with a particular emphasis on financial services regulation and wealth management.
This role will suit lawyers at around the 6-9 years PQE range. Candidates must be admitted to practice in Australia with a current practising certificate.
Please click the APPLY NOW button to register your interest or call our office on 03 9039 9990 quoting ref#28911187 – Legal Counsel, Group Governance