Our client is a leading player in the Wealth Management Sector. With a strong customer service ethic and a collaborative work environment they have an enviable reputation in the financial services space.
This role supports the delivery of financial advice and related services to the business’ dedicated advice channels. This is a Senior position within the Wealth Legal Team and reports to the Managing Counsel of Wealth Advice Legal. The role is a broad one covering Financial Advice, Regulatory and Governance matters and general commercial issues.
The core responsibilities are:
- Advising on regulatory matters relating to the provision of final advice under Chapter 7 of the Corporations Act with a particular focus on the FOFA reforms (Future of Financial Advice reforms).
- Advising on and assisting with implementation of other regulatory change such as Privacy, AML and Australian Consumer Law.
- Member of licensees’ Event Panel
- Identifying and escalating issues, risks, breaches (and potential breaches) to relevant stakeholders and assisting in the management and advice in respect of those risks
- Responses to compulsory notices from regulators and other matters in connection with regulatory or parliamentary inquiries or investigations from time to time
- Negotiate, review, draft and advise on contracts with third parties (including financial planners, clients, service providers, alliance partners and external licensees), and between entities (e.g. service agreements)
- Provide advice and support as required in relation to general corporate matters
- Reporting to governance committees (e.g. Advice & Licences Board, Breach Review Committee)
- Influencing the development of appropriate internal policies and practices
The ideal person will have at least 10 years plus legal experience in providing regulatory advice to financial planning businesses. You will have a strong understanding of the laws and principles governing financial services and wealth products. You will provide high quality, consistent, commercially relevant, timely, efficient and cost effective legal services to assist internal clients in delivering their commercial objectives and managing their risks.
Our client offers an exceptional environment to build your in-house legal career, a collaborative environment with a strong people culture and an attractive salary package.
If you would like to know more about the role, please call Jacinta Fish Legal on (03) 9039 9991 for a confidential discussion or email your CV to email@example.com quoting ref 291187 (wealth lawyer)