Headquartered in Melbourne, Transurban is an infrastructure group that is part of the ASX20. With a market capitalisation of almost $40B, this is a truly a market-leading organisation with global reach. Known for its excellent culture and commitment to its people, this an exciting opportunity to work in an ASX20 organisation, bringing your professionalism and strong workplace relations experience to an organisation that is committed to its culture and people. You will be joining a high-performing, dynamic and collaborative team which actively supports working flexibly.
This role is for a workplace relations expert who will support the GM Workplace Relations / General Counsel Workplace Legal and be a source of strategic advice and insight on all employee relations and other legal matters relating to our workforce, including through the lenses of strategic execution, governance and risk management and operational excellence.
The incumbent will act as a trusted adviser on significant workplace relations and workplace legal matters. Based in the P&C business unit this role will also involve close liaison with the Legal function.
This is a people leader role, with management and supervision responsibility over a small team of P&C Consultants. Strong and effective leadership – leading as well as doing – is crucial to the role, given the dynamic nature of Transurban and its ongoing growth.
The key areas of focus of this role include:
- Legal compliance and liability in relation to Transurban’s workforce, both direct and indirect
- Management of workplace relations cases (performance, conduct, complaints, investigations etc.) with workplace relations Consultants
- Internal restructures and redundancies
- Workforce matters in relation to corporate transactions such as acquisitions, mergers and divestments
- Industrial relations matters including strategy, negotiations, interpretation and advice, and dispute management
- Counsel on employment-related litigation matters including Fair Work Commission proceedings; liaison with external legal firms / counsel
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we’re building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We’re making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We’re getting people where they’re going. And we’re doing it faster, smarter and safer, every last one of us.
Start changing the world around you.
Please note, Jacinta Fish Legal has an exclusive brief for this role. To be considered for this role, please contact us directly in our Melbourne office on 03 9039 9992. To apply for this role, click APPLY NOW or send your CV to email@example.com
Location: Melbourne preferred.