This is an exciting new role for a technically strong but highly commercial lawyer to join the Head Office and assist this dynamic business with a range of high quality legal and project work. This company is paving the way in its unique and innovative space.
Reporting to the General Counsel, this role will provide substantial autonomy and independence. You will work closely with the business, and provide advice and assistance in relation to all of the company’s legal matters, including contract negotiation, corporate, compliance and employment/industrial.
We are seeking a lawyer who is motivated, collegiate, and a great communicator with excellent technical, time management and project management skills that is capable of forming strong relationships with colleagues.
Ideally you will have 5-8 years post admission experience gained in a quality law firm or in house environment. You will have strong experience in general commercial drafting and negotiation, outstanding interpersonal skills, and an ability to operate with autonomy but enjoy working as part of a team
You will be involved in a range of work including:
- Drafting, negotiating and assisting on a range of commercial contracts;
- Assisting in tender responses;
- Drafting precedent documents and develop contracting procedures;
- Instructing and managing external legal advisors;
- Preparing and delivering internal training on key legal issues;
- Advising on compliance and risk management;
- Representing the company in conciliations and mediations in both a commercial and Fair Work context;
- Taking initiative and bringing value to projects from a legal perspective.
Our client has a strong and dynamic culture. They believe in collaboration, and best practice at all times. If this sounds like you or you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity then click apply now or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref#22828458 Senior Legal Counsel.