Tips for a Great LinkedIn Profile
Here are a few tips…
LinkedIn is a great way for people to get introduced to you and your brand before they approach you. These days, it can be a recruiters go to tool to do research or check that what’s on your CV matches your public profile.
In a professional environment, a poorly written or incomplete profiles can impact your credibility. You can’t afford to be invisible or have a poor presence on the world’s largest business networking site. Invest the time to create a professional presence on LinkedIn. It is worth it.
- Keep your profile up to date
- Make your headline standout
- Use a great photo
- Have a clear and compelling “elevator pitch”
- Keep your work history relevant
- Add any volunteer interests and roles
- Build a strong network
- Remember LinkedIn isn’t Facebook! – keep it professional
Lastly, don’t be tempted to sign up with an email you never check. Recruiters will often approach you via InMail. There’s no point having a great profile, if you don’t make yourself open and accessible to an approach from a ‘Headhunter’. For advice on making your next career move, contact us here